Time for a new mix courtesy of the good DJs at Caliber! This one was recorded by head honcho Nate Seider as more of an "Intro to House Music 101" type of offering and exemplifies our love of all things Classic! We get a lot of requests from clients and guests alike for EDM, House, Techno and all sorts of other styles at the events we play. However many times we realize that their idea of House music may differ just a bit from *our* idea of House music. So here you go, a little House Music crash course!
Chicago in the 80's and 90's was an amazing incubator and testing ground for the records, DJs, producers, label owners and clubbers that defined the term House. Originally used to describe the type of music they were hearing at Frankie Knuckle's Warehouse (a dry club located on the 600 block of Jefferson st.), this beat morphed almost overnight into an international movement that is stronger than ever. Chicago is also a city of the Full Time DJ, home to hundreds of open-format DJs who make their living strictly off of entertaining. For this reason it's become known internationally as a hot spot for some of the world's best DJs, and a great training ground for wedding DJs we might add. Are you looking for a wine country wedding DJ with city-slicker skills? Do you want a Bay Area wedding DJ who can kick it with the most discerning of clientele? Are you looking for a Queer wedding DJ who actually understands and honors the Queer roots of today's culture? Are you interested in having a vinyl wedding DJ that knows their history and can deliver? Or are you just in the market for a non-cheesy wedding DJ who can give you and your guests the time of their lives? Well look no further, you've found it!
1. Farley Jackmaster Funk- Love Can't Turn Around
2. Robin S.- Show Me Love
3. Housemaster Boyz- House Nation
4. Ralphi Rosario- You Used To Hold Me
5. New Order- Bizarre Love Triangle (Extended Mix)
6. Joe Smooth- Promised Land
7. Crystal Waters- Gypsy Woman
8. Bucketheads- The Bomb!
9. Cajmere- Brighter Days (Underground Goodie Mix)
10. Jungle Brothers- I'll House You
11. Cajmere- Perculator
12. DJ Sneak- You Can't Hide From Your Bud
13. Josh Wink- A Higher State of Consciousness
14. Daft Punk- Around The World
15. Alcatraz- Give Me Luv
16. Basement Jaxx- Red Alert
17. Sneaker Pimps- Spin Spin Sugar
18. Rhythim is Rhythim- Strings of Life
19. Yaz- Situation
20. Tim Deluxe- It Just Won't Do
21. The Nightwriters- Let The Music Use You
22. Soft Cell- Tainted Love
Fun fact- we LOVE Disco and House. The Real Stuff. First Choice and Salsoul Records. Brothers Johnson. Teddy Pendergrass. Loleatta Holloway. Chic. Chaka Khan. Patrice Rushen. And what they will forever call "Disco's Revenge"- HOUSE MUSIC- Frankie Knuckles, Masters at Work, Mood II Swing, MK, Inner City, Ralphi Rosario, Cajmere, Crystal Waters and dozens more- a music very dear to our hearts and something with which we will forever have a close relationship. The 70's and 90's were seminal periods for both of these movements respectively, and these 19 tracks are just a tiny smattering of the great music that has come out of both eras. If you're looking for a San Francisco Wedding DJ that knows their history just as much as the hits, or if you want to hear something out of the ordinary at your event look no further. We cater to the most discerning tastes. Hope you enjoy!!
1. Mary Clark- Take Me I'm Yours
2. The O'Jays- Darlin' Darlin' Baby (Sweet, Tender, Deep and Disco Edit)
3. Donald Byrd- Love Has come Around
4. Legacy- I'm So Glad
5. First Choice- Doctor Love (Tom Moulton 12" Mix)
6. Change- A Lover's Holiday (12" Version)
7. The Brothers Johnson- Stomp!
8. Cameo- I Just Want To Be (Original 12" Inch Extended Mix)
9. Patrice Rushen- Haven't You Heard
10. Todd Terje- Inspector Norse
11. Robin S.- Show Me Love
12. Whitney Houston- I'm Every Woman
13. Inner City- Big Fun (The Classic Magic Juan Mix Remake)
14. Moloko- Sing It Back (Mousse T.'s Feel Love Mix)
15. Donna Summer- Hot Stuff
16. Spiller- Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
17. Erro- Don't Change (Joey Negro Club Mix)
18. Cleptomaniacs ft. Bryan Chambers- All I Do
19. Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes- Don't Leave Me This Way
(photo credit Tasya Menaker)
One of the funnest aspects of this business has been the process of discovering the best and brightest DJs that the Bay Area has to offer and to support those who have been trailblazers for the Bay Area's various communities over the years. Enter DJ Olga T. A 20+ year veteran of the Bay Area Queer/Women's Dance scene, she has supplied the soundtrack for hundreds of weekend afternoon soirées and LGBTQ+ events and is an absolute powerhouse behind the decks. Her ability to blend literally anything and everything has led her to have an incredibly full schedule at clubs and events from Sacramento and San Jose, but as we know it takes a very special type of professional to be able to handle the stress and demands of something as important as your wedding day. In this Olga excels, having an amazing amount of experience with private events and weddings for the last number of years. There is not a single situation that she isn't capable of handling and we have never been to a party that she hasn't absolutely crushed while on the decks. If you happen to be looking specifically for a Queer wedding DJ, or if you're just looking for an experienced local DJ who has been rocking the Bay for years, look no further!! Incredibly reliable, personable and just perfect in every way for our roster, we couldn't be happier to have Olga T on the team.